Monday, July 1, 2013

Down Ten Pounds & 7.75 Inches

Hello Readers:
This last week was crazy busy.  Graduation parties, etc.  I was actually down 12 pounds last Friday; but the parties kinda set me back.  That's life (as they say) !!!  I'm back on track this morning.  I weighed in and calculated my measurements.  My initial measurements didn't take my chest into account.  So, in actuality, I've lost more like 8.75 inches.  I find it amazing how even though I only lost one official pound last week, I still lost 2.25 inches.

The BioTRUST is definitely working.  The first week seemed to be very strange for me to have lost so much weight and now, the realistic pounds are coming off.  But too, I know that I am NOT eating enough.  For what I am eating, the weight should still be flying off and it isn't.  Why?  Because my body is holding on to the calories.  So this week, I'm going to change it up a bit.  I am going to try to eat many-mini-meals.  Like an egg here and there or even some new hot dogs I just bought from Costco.  They are Gourmet Oscar Meyer Chicken Breast hot dogs.  80 Calories and really, really surprisingly good.  They were taste testing them on Friday; I was sold.  Last night I had two and a 1/2 cup of Quinoa with a sliver of butter.  Satisfied me!

Tonight, I am making stuffed green peppers with turkey burger and quinoa.  Here is my recipe:

Gobble-Up Green Peppers
Serves a family of four

You will need one or two jars or tall cans of your favorite pasta sauce; or, you may make yours from scratch.

Make 2 Cups of Quinoa or 2 Cups Brown Rice - Per the package instructions
If you have a rice cooker (and everyone should have one to make your life easier) make your Quinoa in the rice cooker.  The beauty of a rice cooker is that you throw it in, turn it on and walk away.  45 minutes later, you have the most fluffy - not sticky rice EVER.  Sometimes I add things to it at the very beginning like onions, mushrooms, chicken or beef bouillon, bits of broccoli.  When the rice is finished, you have a wonderful side dish.

4 Large Green Peppers (Cut off tops (lid of pepper) - take out seeds and ribbing - set lid inside pepper)

2 or 4  Qt. Stock Pot - Put 2 inches of water - place cleaned peppers in the water - cover - bring to a boil - turn off heat - let sit 20 minutes - remove from water and cool)

1 Medium Onion - Chopped
2 Pounds of Turkey Burger - Preferably White Meat Turkey Burger
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Granulated Garlic

Saute' until very browned. Use paper towels to gather all of the grease out of the pan.

Add two cups of quinoa or rice and mix well.  If it appears to need more add and mix.

Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.

Stuff your peppers by packing and smashing it into the pepper. Before you put the lid on, pour a little of your pasta sauce on top - then put the lids on. Pour the remaining sauce over the top and bake in your oven for 45 minutes on 350 degrees.

Even though the pepper has rice inside, I love making a little angel hair pasta to serve on the side.  BUT NOT ON THIS DIET......Serve with a fresh salad.

I will be back more this week.

Again, if you want information on BioTRUST, please email me at patcancook(at)gmail.com

Thanks,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment