Hello Readers:
This eating plan takes a little bit of planning; but, once you have it down, it is really easy. When I shop for meats, I look for bargains. I get all of my chicken from SAM's and I look for bulk meats on sale. Last week, SAM's had four packages of two, lean pork loins which gave me eight individual pieces of meat. When I got home, I individually wrapped them in freezer paper. Today, I took out some boneless skinless chicken breasts (4) like I do almost every day and one pork loin.
For tonight's dinner, I am going to grill the chicken and the pork at the same time. They will be finished within minutes of one another.
Now remember, cooking extra meat every day will give you what you and your husband (or significant other / child) need for lunches the next day.
Twice a week, I make a HUGE bowl (not plastic - because the lettuce will wilt and not metal because the lettuce will rust) preferably GLASS or CERAMIC, of salad - greens with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and onions. This salad should last you about four days eating it for both lunches and dinners as your menus permit.
Grilling vegetables:
Go to Aldi's. I buy my tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli and sometimes, depending on price, the asparagus. If you don't have a metal bowl with holes for grilling - buy one. While you are grilling your meats on one side, grill a bunch of vegetables. Put the onions on first (they take the longest) and put your tomatoes on last - they grill faster - Put the tomatoes in the bowl WHOLE. Better yet, buy the cherry tomatoes and your life might get easier - the tomatoes can be a little tricky as they start to cook and get mushy. The grilled tomatoes are as sweet as candy and the blackened part is so good. If you are a green olive fan, grill some of them too. So very good. My husband doesn't even like olives; but, he likes them grilled.
Tomorrow, I won't cook at all because I am going to use some of the chicken today for my dish tomorrow. Since we can have barley tomorrow night or quinoa (whatever you want) mix it up based on your taste buds. Since I have a ton of vegetables in my
refrigerator I decided I am going to make a LOW GI (Glycemic Index)
recipe:
Asian Salad
2 Grilled Chicken Breasts - chopped (From yesterday's grilling experience)
1 or 2 cups Cooked Barley or Quinoa - Add last and mix - see how much you really want
1/2 Head of Green Cabbage - chopped like slaw
1/2 Red Onion (minced)
1 Carrot - slivered
2 Ribs of Celery (minced)
Any Asian Veges's of your choice like:
Baby corn, pea pods, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, etc.
Dressing
1/4 cup BRAGGS AMINO LIQUIDS (Click for Information HERE)*
1/2 cup Sesame Oil
Sweeten with Stevia
Mix well and serve immediately
*I use the Braggs because it is WAY better for you than Soy Sauce. Check out the BRAGGS website HERE
Enjoy !
Pat
No comments:
Post a Comment