Hello Readers:
Larry has a very large family with six children, grandchildren, a son's wife, a girlfriend, his parents and brother totaling 15. Even though Larry and I are on an eating plan, I figured we could still incorporate some food items that he and I won't eat; but, most of the menu would be built around eating right.
I tried to make the diet as carb-less as possible. Since this week is a primer week, beans and rice our pretty much out of the diet. The question is, if we are going to eat something that is not in the plan, what would that be? I opted for beans and brown rice instead of potatoes or pasta:
Beef Brisket - Smoked, cooled, shredded (fat removed)
Green Beans - Made with turkey bacon, onions and simmered for 3 hours
Black Beans & Rice - Haven't created the recipe yet (I'll make it as I create it and I will post later)
Hoagie rolls, auju & cheesecake. Yes, I said cheesecake. Here is my recipe:
Crust:
50 Reduced fat Vanilla Wafers (put into blender)
5 T. Butter (melted)
1 tsp. Vanilla
Combine, put into the bottom of a spring-form pan and spread about 1/2 inch up the sides - bake for 10 minutes on 350 or until golden brown. Remove and cool on racks. Lower the temperature of your oven to 300 degrees.
Cheesecake Mixture:
2 Packages of 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese (I used Nuefchatel)
1 Cup Organic Greek Yogurt
4 T. Stevia
2 Eggs + 2 Egg Whites
2 T. Cornstarch
1 tsp. Vanilla
1.5 T. Lime Juice
Make sure your oven is set to 300 degrees.
Beat cream cheese, yogurt and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add all eggs, vanilla, lime juice and cornstarch. Beat again until smooth.
Pour mixture over your crust and bake one hour, or until set in the center. Turn off your oven, open the door and let your cheesecake sit in the oven for three hours cooling.
Feel free to cut up some fresh berries of choice - adding a little Stevia for sweetening overnight; mixing occasionally.
Refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. Remove spring-form pan and serve. Serve with berries if desired.
There is nothing in this cheesecake that you would feel guilty eating. If you don't want to eat the crust - peel it off.
Happy Father's Day.....
Pat


No comments:
Post a Comment